A songwriting retreat hidden deep in the Ozark mountain region.
Located in Bentonville, AR, our national headquarters is hosted in a dreamy Victorian home that is a short walk to some of the United States most unexpectedly diverse outdoor spaces, art galleries and museums. Explore mountain biking, turn-of-the-century American architecture, Native American history and one of the United States' National Forests.
The Best of Bentonville
Arkansas might not have been on your bucket list, but it should be:
1. Visit the Historic Walmart Museum & Downtown Bentonville
2. Enjoy mountain biking and hiking at Slaughter Pen Hollow Multi-Use Trail
3. Take a Bentonville art walk
4. Get lost in Ozark National Forest
5. Discover American architecture at the Frank Lloyd Bachman Wilson House
6. Learn about our indigenous cultures at the Native American History Museum
7. Deep dive into American art at the Crystal Bridges Museum
Our flagship retreat is deep in the heart of the Live Music Capitol of the World.
Take a dip in Barton Springs, ask a stranger to two-step across the dance floor at The White Horse, watch the bats and get weird: it's the Austin way. Your time will fly in this rapidly growing city of 1 million people, but tucked away at our Texas compound you'll find the peace and inspiration you need just a stone's throw from some of the world's most respected and admired music venues.
The Best of Austin
While watching live music is a must-do, these make the cut (and then some):
1. Swim, hike and more at Barton Springs and Zilker Park - the soul of Austin!
2. Watch the Congress Avenue Bridge's colony of Mexican Freetail Bats - the largest colony in North America
3. Visit downtown Austin and the Texas State Capitol building
4. Eat a breakfast taco - this is non-negotiable
5. Take a two-stepping lesson at The White Horse
6. Explore University of Texas' campus
7. Hike, bike, rock climb and swim in Barton Creek Greenbelt
8. Learn about the American Civil Rights movements of the 60s and 70s at the LBJ Presidential Library
9. Dive into fine art at the Blanton Museum
10. Eat Texas BBQ - also non-negotiable. Vegan? We've got that, too.
New York City
In the city that never sleeps, we've got you covered.
Through our partnership with Artspace, we're able to offer augmented short-stay residencies for touring artists routing through The Big Apple. Whether you're just landing in the United States, on your way home, or simply looking for inspiration in the hustle and bustle, New York City might be the place for you.
Learn more about our New York City partnership with Artspace.
The Best of New York City
We could think of 100 things, but here are our favorites:
1. Take an afternoon to explore all the beauty of Central Park
2. Bask in the neon glow of Times Square
3. Dig into classical art and architecture at the Metropolitan Museum
4. Get a New York slice (and while you're at it, a bagel & schmear, a cronut and a pastrami on rye)
5. Take the elevator to the top of the Empire State Building
6. Explore your immigrant ancestry at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
7. Take a day to explore Brooklyn
8. Get weird and have fun at Coney Island
9. Watch the commuter ballet at Central Station
10. Get in a good sunset from the Staten Island Ferry